Primary responsibility of a Material Handler/Helper is to assist with a variety of tasks in our steel shop.
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or using basic equipment
- Perform other activities such as counting, weighing, sorting, packing and unpacking
- Operate winches and other loading devices to load and unload materials on and off trucks
- Operate various equipment to transport materials and store or retrieve materials in various areas of the shop
- Operate cranes
- May perform other responsibilities as necessary to help the team in the shop
- Self-start that is highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well independently or within the team
- Strong work ethic with the willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Able to communicate effective with team members at all levels of the organization
- High School diploma or GED required
- Initiative: a solutions provider, someone whom is motivated, resourceful, creative and displays ingenuity.
- Problem Solver: people that are wanting to solve problems themselves and will make decisions within their scope, and trust their own judgment staying within the core values of our organization.
- Innovative: someone who is original and creative in thinking, displays ingenuity, is visionary and provides additional value to the client and the company.
- Positive Attitude: someone who is friendly, enthusiastic, forward thinking, motivated and engaged.
- Flexibility: being able to adapt to change and increase effectiveness and efficiency in and out of work.
- Communication: someone that can listen and communicate what they are thinking, present clear expectations and present themselves professionally to co-workers and clients.
- Trust: someone that extends trust and in return is trusted by key stakeholders.
- Accountability: someone that accepts responsibility for their own decisions and meets expectations.
*Must be able to pass a drug test