As a JV Driver Employee, the company’s values must be evident in daily activities. Employees are continually thinking outside of the box to implement innovations, which contributes to the success of JV Drivers’ business. JV Drivers’ employees are continually striving to “Build Great Things.” This includes building great projects and taking initiative to develop your career by participating in training and development opportunities.
JV Driver as a company values their people and its’ peoples safety. Employees within the company help lead the safety culture. “Having Fun” is key in creating a working atmosphere that fosters team work. Employees at JV Driver are the foundation of a strong team.
The Construction Manager reports to and takes direction from the Project Manager/Director. The primary responsibility of the Construction Manager is to develop plans to achieve project milestones and to minimize costs for projects.
- Mentors and coaches staff; interprets performance and provides feedback
- Interprets and applies a strong understanding of key indicators to make effective project decisions
- Embraces new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, and enthusiasm
- Secures and deploys resources effectively and efficiently
- Cultivates innovation and creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Provides direction, delegates and removes obstacles to get work done with a focus on continuous improvement
- Develops people to meet both their career goals and organizational goals
- Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Gains the trust and confidence of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when dealing with difficult situations.
- Monitors construction infrastructure and critical path schedules
- Coaches and mentor the project team staff and provides day to day direction to the team
- Ensures staffing plans are developed and functional coverage is maintained for the project
- Monitors and actions project performance metrics
- Monitors and actions HSE metrics
- Manages small projects or pieces of large projects -100 million plus(job)s
- Oversees a crew size in excess of 300 craft
- Assists in the development of the project budget for direct, indirect and other costs.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point and Visio
- Understanding of scheduling and P6 or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of construction
- Intermediate understanding of Project Controls (intermediate level, completed all level 200 PC JVDU courses)
- Intermediate understanding of Work Face Planning
- Advanced understanding of quality control process including turnover
- Base understanding of receiving, warehouse functions and material management
- Base understanding of procurement procedures
- Coordinate offsite activities
- Advanced understanding of sub-contractors required for construction
- Meetings – Be able to organize a meeting, create an agenda, record action items and set completion dates for action items for specific individuals or groups
- Capable of building a detailed org chart
- Advanced understanding of project infrastructure
- Intermediate understanding of contract documentation and how it pertains to the work scope.
- Strong understanding of work scope and how change can be captured.
Managers are responsible for integrating the company’s Health and Safety procedures and controls into every activity they manage. All managers are directly accountable for the provisions and maintenance of an effective Safety Program. Refer to Section 2.5.1 of the JV Driver Health & Safety Manual for a description of responsibilities.
Minimum of 8 years of job related experience in industrial construction and maintenance projects. Must have been a Construction Manager on large construction projects for minimum of 1-2 years or Superintendent for 15 years.
A post-secondary education degree or technical diploma in engineering, business or project management is required. Job related experience may substitute.
The Construction Manager will demonstrate some or all of the following DNA characteristics:
- Initiative: a solutions provider, someone whom is motivated, resourceful, creative and displays ingenuity.
- Problem Solver: people that are wanting to solve problems themselves and will make decisions within their scope, and trust their own judgment staying within the core values of our organization.
- Innovative: someone who is original and creative in thinking, displays ingenuity, is visionary and provides additional value to the client and the company.
- Positive Attitude: someone who is friendly, enthusiastic, forward thinking, motivated and engaged.
- Flexibility: being able to adapt to change and increase effectiveness and efficiency in and out of work.
- Communication: someone that can listen and communicate what they are thinking, present clear expectations and present themselves professionally to co-workers and clients.
- Trust: someone that extends trust and in return is trusted by key stakeholders.
- Accountability: someone that accepts responsibility for their own decisions and meets expectations.
- Delegation: surrounds themselves with great people, training and coaching them and trusting them to make the right decisions.
- Relationship Builder: someone who builds relationship based on trust, mutual respect, diversity, active listening and open communication.
- Confident: believes in their abilities, are positive, foster teamwork and have strong interpersonal and active listening skills.
- Coach: desire to educate and develop people with the tools, knowledge, and opportunities needed to be effective in their commitment to themselves, the company, and their work.
- Influential: works to remove the obstacles that prevent people from performing effectively, and therefore open the door to creating a trusting and rewarding environment where people are willing to go that extra mile.
*Recruiters* - Resumes submitted without current/valid vendor agreement will become property of JV Driver Group, Inc. Any recruiting/staffing firm or agency wishing to do business with JV Driver must contact the Human Resources Department (866)391-5816. Recruiting/staffing firms may NOT contact hiring managers directly. Firms that do not honor this request will be removed from consideration.