As a JV Driver Employee, the company’s values must be evident in daily activities. Employees are continually thinking outside of the box to implement innovations, which contributes to the success of JV Drivers’ business. JV Drivers’ employees are continually striving to “Build Great Things.” This includes building great projects and taking initiative to develop your career by participating in training and development opportunities.
JV Driver as a company values their people and its’ peoples safety. Employees within the company help lead the safety culture. “Having Fun” is key in creating a working atmosphere that fosters team work. Employees at JV Driver are the foundation of a strong team.
The Project Engineer/Site Manager is a key member of the project leadership team, reporting to and taking direction from the Project Director. The primary responsibility of the Project Engineer/Site Manager is to manage the successful completion of industrial construction and maintenance projects. On smaller projects, this includes planning, scheduling and estimating effort, from the completion of project design to the issuing of all drawings and specifications.
- Complete understanding of SOW
- Clarify technical information
- Coordinate solutions for technical issues in construction
- Mentors and coaches staff, interprets performance and provides feedback
- Leads and coordinates the daily activities of the project team
- Interprets and applies a strong understanding of key indicators to make effective business decisions
- Embraces new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm
- Secures and deploys resources effectively and efficiently
- Cultivates innovation and creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Provides direction, delegates and removes obstacles to get work done with a focus on continuous improvement
- Develops people to meet their career and organizational goals
- Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Gains the trust and confidence of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when dealing with difficult situations.
- Strong operational knowledge of the JVD Group and related companies
- Comprehends safety, contracts, sub-contracts, strategies and procurement processes
- Regulates expenditures on projects
- Prepares and updates engineering control documents
- Monitors design changes and contract extras
- Reviews, analyzes and resolves field construction problems/discrepancies
- Prepares interpretation of plans, detail sheets, and specifications for contractors or craft supervision
- Prepares simple plans, designs, calculations, schedules, costs and bills of material, field inspections and/or site coordination in accordance with established codes, and company standards
- Reviews and understands deliverables and associated reports
- Develops the project budget for direct, indirect and other costs based on estimates provided for identified project scope of work
- Creates Project Performance Assessments
- Manages small projects or parts of large projects with a scope up to 10 million dollars
- Oversees projects with 100 employees and has 5 direct reports
- Ensures staffing plans are developed and functional coverage is maintained for the project.
Engineer/Site Managers are responsible for integrating the company’s Health and Safety procedures and controls into every activity they manage. All managers are directly accountable for the provisions and maintenance of an effective Safety Program. Refer to Section 2.5.1 of the JV Driver Health & Safety Manual for a description of responsibilities.
Minimum of 8 years of job related experience in industrial construction and maintenance projects.
A post-secondary education degree or technical diploma in engineering, business or project management is required. Job related experience may substitute.
The Project Engineer/Site Manager will demonstrate some or all of the following DNA characteristics:
- Initiative: a solutions provider, is motivated, resourceful, creative and displays ingenuity.
- Problem Solver: possesses the ability to solve complex problems on their own and make decisions within their scope, while trusting their own judgment to stay within the core values of our organization.
- Innovative: a visionary who displays original and creative thinking, ingenuity, and provides additional value to the client and the company.
- Positive Attitude: someone who is friendly, enthusiastic, forward thinking, motivated and engaged.
- Flexible: possesses the ability to adapt to change and increases effectiveness and efficiency in and out of work.
- Communication: listens and communicates what they are thinking, has clear expectations and presents themselves professionally to co-workers and clients.
- Trust: extends trust and in return is trusted by key stakeholders.
- Accountability: accepts responsibility for their own decisions and meets expectations.
- Delegation: surrounds themselves with great people, training and coaching them and trusting them to make the right decisions.
- Relationship Builder: possesses the ability to build relationships based on trust, mutual respect, diversity, active listening and open communication.
- Confident: believes in their abilities, is positive, fosters teamwork and has strong interpersonal and active listening skills.
- Coach: someone who desires to educate and develop people with the tools, knowledge, and opportunities needed to be effective in their commitment to themselves, the company, and their work.
- Influential: works to remove obstacles that prevent people from performing effectively, and therefore opens the door to creating a trusting and rewarding environment where people are willing to go that extra mile.
*Recruiters* - Resumes submitted without current/valid vendor agreement will become property of JV Driver Group, Inc. Any recruiting/staffing firm or agency wishing to do business with JV Driver must contact the Human Resources Department (866)391-5816. Recruiting/staffing firms may NOT contact hiring managers directly. Firms that do not honor this request will be removed from consideration.