As a JV Driver Employee, the company’s values must be evident in daily activities. Employees are continually thinking outside of the box to implement innovations, which contributes to the success of JV Drivers’ business. JV Drivers’ employees are continually striving to “Build Great Things.” This includes building great projects and taking initiative to develop your career by participating in training and development opportunities.
JV Driver as a company values their people and its’ peoples safety. Employees within the company help lead the safety culture. “Having Fun” is key in creating a working atmosphere that fosters team work. Employees at JV Driver are the foundation of a strong team.
The scaffold erector will set up, dismantle, and assist in facilitating the overall placement of the scaffold systems to meet industry safety standards. This is a multi-task position driven by experience and leadership with growth potential.
- Erecting scaffolds in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations. Erectors also must abide by all manufacturer recommendations and be capable of erecting scaffolds under the guidance of a competent person.
- Inspecting all scaffold components prior to assembly to insure that components used are of similar material and in good repair before becoming a part of the completed scaffold. This includes (but is not limited to) : mudsills, screw jacks, frames, braces, planks, access ladders, brackets, etc.
- Maintaining fall protection requirements while erecting/dismantling scaffolds.
- Providing a scaffold to the user that is free from recognizable and preventable hazards (i.e. fall protection systems in place, falling object prevention in place, appropriate access/egress to and from the scaffold, appropriate anchorage and stability of the structure, appropriate walking/working surfaces, maintaining appropriate clearances from electrical hazards, etc.)
- Prior to occupation, scaffold erectors must notify the competent person that the scaffold has been erected and is ready to be inspected.
- Training of other scaffold users if needed.
- Contacting and coordinating with the Competent Person regarding any issues associated with the erection of a scaffold.
- Contacting project manager if there is a concern regarding the erection of the scaffold.
- Design and preplanning of the scaffold including weight limitations, scaffold type, fall protection, tie-offs, supports, etc.
- Overseeing the erection of the scaffold
- Final inspection of the scaffold prior to initial occupation for use.
- At a minimum, daily inspection and documentation of the condition of the scaffold and its ability to be occupied safely.
- Inspections of scaffolds after changes / alterations have been made.
- Oversight and inspections of mobile scaffolds.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor and other employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. All applications necessary to adequately perform required tasks.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The responsibility for safety and a safe work performance lies with each individual. Each employee must work closely with the job site supervisors to ensure a safe work environment. Refer to Section 2.9.1 of the JV Driver Health & Safety Manual for a description of responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and/or 12 months of experience.
- Initiative: a self-starter who finds solutions for problems both internally and externally
- Problem Solver: possesses the ability to source solutions and resolve issues efficiently
- Positive Attitude: someone who is friendly, enthusiastic, motivated and engaged
- Flexible: possesses the ability to adapt to change with enthusiasm, presents solutions to solve problems, and increases effectiveness and efficiency in and out of work
- Communication: listens and communicates what they are thinking, has clear expectations and presents themselves professionally to co-workers and clients
- Trust: develops, strengthens and maintains relationships with co-workers and clients
- Accountability: someone whose core principles are based on honesty and integrity and accepts responsibility for the outcomes expected of them
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive wage commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental, & Life Insurance.
- 401-k plan.
- An environment that values your commitment.
- Valid Driver License
- TWIC Card (Transportation Worker Identification Card)
- NCCER Certification
AAP/EEO STATEMENT JV Driver Group / JV Driver Industrial and JV Driver Fabricators are an Equal Opportunity Employer.